Which Graphics Card

tooter 20:28 10 Feb 05

I have purchased a game that my graphic card will not run the program checked my card and informed me that it will run the game. Is it time I upgraded my card? I need advice to future proof my computer as far as possible when I upgrade my graphics card. At this time I have an Nvidia GeForce2 Ultra card. What card do you suggest I upgrade to that my computer will run and will future proof it as far as possible and will run the latest software.
The computer is a Pentium4.1.7GHz/512MB Ram/XP Pro. Thanks for any help

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:35 10 Feb 05

Is there any error message.

Ie.'No 3d device detected'.

click here

Totally-braindead 20:57 10 Feb 05

For reviews on graphics cards look here click here

tooter 21:49 10 Feb 05

Big Ben
No error message, the programme detected my card and said it wasn’t capable of running the game and gave me a list of about 20 cards from ATI and NVIDIA that would, but I don’t know which one is best for my machine.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 15:17 11 Feb 05

I have a ATI raedon9200 128mb card

and have found no problems with it

i play games like

Grand theft auto,Driver,MS flight simulor ect.
youcan buy this card for less than £40 from here

click here

otherwise have a look around and what is right for you.im in school at the moment

ill check backlater

tooter 19:53 11 Feb 05

After scanning loads of reviews I have decided on a Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128mb mid price range card, do you think I have made the right choice? Will this card fit easily in place of my GeForce2 2 Ultra card or could there be problems?

fuzzyone 19:57 11 Feb 05

this one would be faster than the one you have opted for.
click here

Bleep 19:59 11 Feb 05

Great card but I would see your CPU as quite a bit of a bottleneck with such a powerful GPU.

Make sure that you get the AGP version, looking at your specs am I right in saying that your RAM is PC2100?

You will not be getting the most of the 6600GT due to the low specs of the rest of your PC, but it will be a massive performance boost non the less.

Bleep 20:00 11 Feb 05

The most incorrect statement I have ever seen in this forum in my life.

A ATI 9800Pro faster than a 6600 GT ? LOL...

Bleep 20:07 11 Feb 05
  fuzzyone 20:10 11 Feb 05

you are totally right of course.

I apologise most profusely.

I thought it was the 5600 card, and now you see why my forum username, is very apt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…