which graphics card!

seanxx 14:13 26 Aug 04

hi,
i need to upgrade my pb pulsar600 win98se graphics card.dont know where to start. need advice as to which card will fit my computer.

TomJerry 14:34 26 Aug 04

Get a copy of AIDA32 click here which will find information for all your components, most importantly motherboard information, agp slots and etc.

Once you got info and also tell us why you want to upgrade and how much you want to pay, then people in here will suggest one for you.

TomJerry 14:34 26 Aug 04

Get a copy of AIDA32 click here which will find information for all your components, most importantly motherboard information, agp slots and etc.

Once you got info and also tell us why you want to upgrade and how much you want to pay, then people in here will suggest one for you.

TomJerry 14:38 26 Aug 04

seanxx 15:55 26 Aug 04

not sure of the information you require?

JonnyTub 16:06 26 Aug 04

in order for anyone to assist with your request they need to know what kind of motherboard is inside your pc, the only way to do this as packard bell don't offer support for it anymore is to download the program tomjerry suggested to help identify it. Once you have identified the motherboard (a manual would also do this) then members can work to finding a graphics to suit your needs if it's possible to do so on your machine.

JonnyTub 16:11 26 Aug 04

you could also use belarc advisor from click here running this programme will also identify your motherboard.

TomJerry 16:16 26 Aug 04

these are two important questions

seanxx 18:34 26 Aug 04

is this what you need-
board:gigabyte i810 1.3a
bus clock: 66 megahertz
bios: american megatrends inc. 2.0g 01/20/00
processor: 500 megahertz intel pentium 3
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
10.24 gigabytes usable hard drive capacity
6.04 gigabytes hard drive free space
192 megabytes installed memory
slot '0' has 64mb
slot '1' has 128mb
the problem is that i have some game that will not work correctly as they are jerky. after reading through the internet, the most likly problem is the graphics card. this is my own theroy but i know practly nothing about how a computer works.

JonnyTub 19:10 26 Aug 04

Depending on what game it is you want to play,

you may be better off replacing your pc as it

looks a little dated. I couldn't find your

motherboard on the gigabyte site so i presume

they have stopped support for it, same as

packard bell. A google reveals little on the

board (unless you speak chines of course). What

game is it you are trying to play? there may be

a few tweaks that we can apply to help speed

things up a little if replacing your pc is not

an option. Also can you determine if your board

has an agp slot and the speed it it does I.e.

agpx4 or agpx8.

Fred the flour grader 19:50 26 Aug 04

Seanxx, don't freak out though at the thought of replacing your PC,like the advice from JonnyTub.
It's possible you may just need a Motherboard upgrade kit. With one of these a new processor,RAM and a new graphics card,it may be possible to use your existing case and peripherals (ie) mouse,keyboard,monitor and speakers to make a asnew pc like JonnyTub is suggesting.
As you say in your post "i know practically nothing about a how a computer works". I was the same, but guys like JonnyTub and others in here have helped me gain a much better understanding of how it all fits together. If you run into trouble,somebody is always willing to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…