which graphics card??

frasernet 20:32 15 Aug 04

can anyone advise. i have a 3 year old pentium 3 - 800mhz pc on a phoenix motherboard with 512 mb sd ram. running windows xp kome sp2, nice system, i currently have an ati rage pro 128, 32 mb video card, it's ok but in order to play the forthcoming sims 2 game and enjoy further my flight sim experience i would like to upgrade the graphics to 128 ram. now i think that they are all ddr ram and am told that this will be fine,, however, should i be concerned with which card to get regards 'conflicts and such' being that mine is an older system? any ideas. i have been looking at 'Hightech ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB TV-Out DVI Retail Box' which is only £30.45 inc. on e-buyer goto click here would this be ok on my system?? thanks in advance.

flying grouse 23:03 15 Aug 04

Don't see why not! both cards capable of AGP slot 4X / 2X the ATI 9200SE is also capable of AGP 8X ( not a problem ) if you supplied the model of the motherboard might be able to get some more info...........:-)

sil_ver 23:09 15 Aug 04

According to the spec it should work ok in your m/c. The only thing I can think of that might need upgrading is your PSU if it is less than 300watt.

Strawballs 00:18 16 Aug 04

I am running an older system whith a Jetway Mobo and 600 Duron whith a 150 watt PSU and a Gforce FX 5200 256MB DDR card without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now