which graphics card??

frasernet 20:32 15 Aug 04

can anyone advise. i have a 3 year old pentium 3 - 800mhz pc on a phoenix motherboard with 512 mb sd ram. running windows xp kome sp2, nice system, i currently have an ati rage pro 128, 32 mb video card, it's ok but in order to play the forthcoming sims 2 game and enjoy further my flight sim experience i would like to upgrade the graphics to 128 ram. now i think that they are all ddr ram and am told that this will be fine,, however, should i be concerned with which card to get regards 'conflicts and such' being that mine is an older system? any ideas. i have been looking at 'Hightech ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB TV-Out DVI Retail Box' which is only £30.45 inc. on e-buyer goto click here would this be ok on my system?? thanks in advance.

flying grouse 23:03 15 Aug 04

Don't see why not! both cards capable of AGP slot 4X / 2X the ATI 9200SE is also capable of AGP 8X ( not a problem ) if you supplied the model of the motherboard might be able to get some more info...........:-)

sil_ver 23:09 15 Aug 04

According to the spec it should work ok in your m/c. The only thing I can think of that might need upgrading is your PSU if it is less than 300watt.

Strawballs 00:18 16 Aug 04

I am running an older system whith a Jetway Mobo and 600 Duron whith a 150 watt PSU and a Gforce FX 5200 256MB DDR card without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…