which graphic card

Jaynedoe 21:35 20 Dec 08

My Nvidia graphic card packed up and I have been given an ATI card. I dont seem to be able to identify this card on the ATI site at all although it is shown in the graphic on the home page. Can anyone tell me how to identify this please so I can get the drivers? The card is not fitted yet. The numbers on the card are below. Thanks
Jane.

s/n 260738552283
p/n 102A6712400 000002
ATI-102-A671(B) 2008. V043 VER 2.0 2008

GaT7 01:09 21 Dec 08

Perhaps if you were to ask the previous owner they'll be able to tell you?

Failing which, if you can post a few photos of the actual card (use click here to host the photos, & post the links here), one of us may be able to tell you the type of interface: PCI, AGP or PCI-E.

Also, let us know the type of graphics card your motherboard is compatible with (or the motherboard's make+model - use SIW click here if necessary).

With the above info, we may be able to determine if it's OK to try out. G

Jaynedoe 14:36 21 Dec 08

Hi Crossbow7. Thanks for reply. The card is PCI-express. It has 2 dvi outputs only not the standard one that connects to the monitor. The mobo is an ASUS P5GPL-x. Runs win xp with 2 gig ram. Pent 4 3.6Mhz. The card came from school. We had a load of HP computers that were vandalised and the techie removed anything that was usuable and put evrything in a box. He left and the next guy gave me that one because it had the latest date on. He has no idea what it is except it came from a HP dual core machine. They were replaced with Dells. Hope I have done this right. The pic is similar and taken off ebay but it is not exactly the same as the power cable is at the top on mine not the bottom. Thanks

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Jaynedoe 16:44 21 Dec 08

Hi again Crossbow. I have now discovered it is a Radeon x1600 pro. Thanks

GaT7 19:05 21 Dec 08

I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

As both your motherboard & the card is PCI-E there wouldn't have been any problem in trying it out. Installing it would tell you that it's a X1600 Pro in XP's Device Manager (or SIW even).

Graphics cards look very similar to each other. So actual photo please (if there's a next time!). :-) G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5