Which is on go-slow? my connection, or this site?

Diemmess 12:02 12 Feb 04

Since late yesterday I have to wait far longer than normal to open the various links on this otherwise excellent forum.

Other "favourite sites" seem normal.

Any answers?

Only one. This Site.

Because of the slow-down the last two days, I'm at the moment logged on via AOL, IE, and Opera. By switching between them, Opera is by far the fastest.

Diemmess 14:08 12 Feb 04

I live in the sticks. A local "band of brothers" has stimulated the 200 plus names that BT requires before kitting us out for BB.

They have ruled 9/6/04 as enlightenment day, but I will listen to the spirits of my Scottish ancestry and try to stay with this "normal service" - that is unless it regularly drops to its current sluggishness.

On sign on It seems to be much the same, between 40K and 44K, though I did see it drop to 31K once this a.m.

Quiller. 15:05 12 Feb 04

I have finally done the deed and kicked btopenworld(56k)in to touch this morning. I know this site is always busy and you expect a little time to open a page. But things were just getting worse.

I have signed up with tiscali, yes the sticky glue one,it was the only other isp disk I had handy. Well PCAdvisor is always slipping one in the mag. lol

Must admit that connection is good, constant 45.2kbs and even this site is opening a lot faster. We are supposed to get satellite B.B. soon, dishes every were? till then will plug on with this. :-)

Cesar 11:36 13 Feb 04

Yes! this site is getting slower.

leo49 11:45 13 Feb 04

I really don't understand all this - the threads are just snapping open which to my simple mind tells me there's nothing wrong with the site.

anchor 12:38 13 Feb 04

Like leo49, (hello leo!), no problems here. I am on Pipex broadband.

PurplePenny 13:07 13 Feb 04

Haven't noticed any slowdown - I'm using Opera, no BB.

IZZY 13:12 13 Feb 04

I'm afriad I'm experiencing the same sluggishness and I began to think it was me since I rebuilt my comp. Checked all Bb connections - no problems. As Leo49 says, threads snap open (used to) but not this last two/three days. So I'm no alone!

Regards,

IZZY

Southernboy 13:38 13 Feb 04

and has been for the last couple of weeks. Even Emails take forever to go once the "send" button has been clicked. Certainly, I find this affects all my favourite sites, although restarting the PC sometimes works.

I wonder if it is the current virus problems that are slowing things down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…