Which free firewall is best?

Internetwhizzkid 18:10 16 Jan 07

Hi,

I am looking on the internet for a FREE Firewall. Now I see that there is a lot of them but which one is best and which should i chose.

Zonealarm
Ashampoo Firewall
PC Tools firewall plus

and many many more. But which one is best I would like your own opinions

Thanks
Ben

Stuartli 18:13 16 Jan 07

I've always used ZoneAlarm and I know I'm not alone...:-)

Ray5776 18:24 16 Jan 07

Zone Alarm is very good but I had difficulties with using it on a network setup Most likely me not the Zone Alarm.
I found Kerio much easier to use on a network.

Ray

beynac 18:27 16 Jan 07

I'm very happy with Sunbelt-Kerio Personal Firewall:
click here

25paul 18:33 16 Jan 07

i used Zone Alarm for 2 years but it caused me various problems , mainly making my computer run slow. i have had Ashampoo Firewall installed for a month now without any problems at all. would recommend it highly. you can get it here click here

realist 18:43 16 Jan 07

Comodo
click here

mymate 19:06 16 Jan 07

I had Zone Alarm ,and had nothing but trouble.I now have Sygate,but have tried Comodo,and both were good. I think just pick one and if your happy,and its working good ,keep it

SB23 19:07 16 Jan 07

I use ZA at the mo, but if I get any problems with it, I switch to Comodo for a while.

I may try the PC Tools free firewall, just to compare, (I'm scared of missing a good freebie) but thats just me, lol.

Technotiger 19:15 16 Jan 07

Hi, I strongly recommend Kerio Personal Firewall. When you download/install Kerio you actually get the Full version for the first 30 days, after that you automatically revert to the Free Version, which is still very very good.
I liked it so much (after having always used ZA) that I purchased the full version.

click here

Stuartli 20:23 16 Jan 07

Most of the problems people have with software, components, peripherals etc is because they rarely bother to find out exactly how to use them properly first.

Input Overload 21:37 16 Jan 07

I have installed Comodo on this & several other Pc's & it's a great firewall, but you wont go far wrong with any of the others recommended above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…