Which free Anti Virus & Firewall

scp99 15:14 13 Apr 08

Hi All,

May sound a daft question - but here goes.

I have loaded EAV Antivirus Suite Free Edition 5.65 on to my laptop and am looking for a suitable compatible firewall product that will not conflict.

I am considering ZoneAlarm Firewall (Windows 2000/XP) 7.0.362 but am concerned that the two together may conflict.

Can anyone recommend both an anti virus software and firewall software - (Preferabley free) that work well together or know whether zone alarm and EAV work together okay.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TonyW2 15:24 13 Apr 08

Can't answer for those compatabilities, but I have used, and like, ZA and AVG(free) with no problem.
When uploading, suggest going direct to their site but the instructions and options to chose to get the free versions may not be as self evident as the adverts. (Fair enough, though!)

pchelper001 15:24 13 Apr 08

Try avira antivirus and firewall. I have been using them for a long time, and pc advisor have the free trial on there cover discs i believe. It isnt free, but i believe it is only around £12 a year for it.

RobCharles1981 15:33 13 Apr 08

For your reference have a read of this guide:

click here

I use:

Avast Antivirus
Comodo Firewall

Spyware Protection I use:

Spyware Terminator
Spyware Blaster

Spybot Search And Distory
A-Squared
Super Antispyware

All With No Problems.

scp99 15:35 13 Apr 08

Many thanks,

Will have a go for the AVG and ZA combination

acein1 08:53 14 Apr 08

scp99, you say

I have loaded EAV Antivirus Suite Free Edition 5.65 on to my laptop and am looking for a suitable compatible firewall product that will not conflict.
why do you need another anti virus,you should not run 2. they will cause problems,??is there not a firewall included with the "eav suite",if not there are plenty of free ones available,like comodo (as suggested),or my favourite is "sunbelt personal firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…