Which free anti-Virus

My norton anti-virus has just gone out of the free update period and I am after a anti-virus programme that is free to download a nd free updates.What does everyone use?

Proxy Worm 11:30 18 Feb 04

AVG- Highly recomended- click here

Jester2K 11:41 18 Feb 04

AVG

Belatucadrus 11:49 18 Feb 04

avast! click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:49 18 Feb 04

They are all as good as each other. Personally I like AVG for no other reason than I am used to it, it has never let a virus through (I use the preview pane all the time) and it has never been a pain. I have an email alert list of 50 people that I send update alerts to and no one has ever complained. I would assume this to be a reasonable survey.

G

Terrahawk 12:01 18 Feb 04

all pretty much of a much i use avast personally

Indigo 1 12:41 18 Feb 04

AVG get's my vote for reliability and easy to set up. Also updates itself regularly & automatically.

Teen PC geek 12:51 18 Feb 04

AVG, no doubt about it!

AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG, AVG

...Sorry about that, just making a point! lol

Belatucadrus 13:11 18 Feb 04

click here is also worth looking at it's a free 12 month subscription to the EZ Armor package and includes a firewall. I still prefer avast! as it's not going to run out at the end of the year, but if you want an integrated package it's well worth checking out.

keith-236785 13:42 18 Feb 04

Do a search on google for free virus checkers, you will be amazed how many there are, I use AVG, and as GANDALF <|:-)> says, it has never let a virus through. (any virus checker will allow you to infect your system if you open an e-mail attachment that is infected), if that happens then don't blame the virus checker.....blame yourself.

as long as it protects your system then its just personal choice. try a few and use the one you like best.

good luck

TheTerminator 13:45 18 Feb 04

easy to use, nicer looking than avg - you can get nice skins - something you couldn't do with avg last time i looked, automatically updating. Job's a good un!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…