Which fonts can be deleted ?

timothywilliam 20:01 09 Apr 03

I have decided I have far too many fonts on my Windows 95 computer and I want to delete some of them.
I have read somewhere it is not wise to delete some fonts but how do I know what to delete and what not to ?

flecc 20:12 09 Apr 03

Don't delete any of the fonts with a red A icon, and of the remainder, the TT fonts, leave in Arial, Courier, Times New Roman and Verdana since they are commonly used within Windows and by many apps. Also don't dlete the Marlett font which is a system essential, or the Symbol fonts.

However, you can delete some of the more extreme forms of those, for example Narrow Bold Italic, which isn't very legible in any font.

I run several systems with only the above fonts and have no problems.

woodchip 20:17 09 Apr 03

Go to Control Panel double click on fonts icon write down all the red fonts, open explorer create a new folder in explore drag the fonts you do not want to the folder instead of deleting leave the fonts you put on paper if you have any problem after you can reinstall by just dragging them back into the fonts folder. if all's well after a while then delete the font's left in the folder you created

woodchip 20:18 09 Apr 03

PS you can double click the fonts to look at them

woodchip 20:19 09 Apr 03

PS you can double click the fonts to look at them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…