which font is this?

palinka 12:34 25 Jan 09

Using MS Publisher I edit and print, from my laptop, a church magazine that contains adverts .
Some of the adverts I've designed; I can make changes easily in those. But I need to make a small change in one that came to my predecessor complete; the easiest way is to re-set the advert - it's only name and address, basically - but how can I find out easily what the fonts are that were used in the original? Hovering mouse over the text does not show the font used. By trial and error I've found that the heading is very SIMILAR to "elephant", but not quite that; getting an exact match for the whole thing by that method could take a long time . Does anyone know of a quicker method? OS is Vista; I have MS office.

cocteau48 12:39 25 Jan 09

Have not used it myself but found this which may help:
click here

palinka 13:01 25 Jan 09

thanks cocteau48, I'll try that.

palinka 14:25 27 Jan 09

no luck, I'm afraid - that programme couldn't cope with the complexity of 2 (or 3) fonts in a single file. For speed, as it was only a small ampunt of text, I've re-designed it myself.

Woolwell 14:43 27 Jan 09

Although you've done it for future reference you may find this helpful.
In Publisher go to Tools - Commercial Printing Tools and click on Fonts and it should list all of the fonts used in the publication.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac