Which Firewall for win 98se

Greenfungi 00:45 17 Dec 05

After looking at the thread posted by manfromdelmonte concerning free firewalls , I have found that only zone labs runs on win98se.
Could someone please advise me on any other alternatives.

I'm also using AVG free addition antivirus,and would like to avoid conflicts between the two.

Thanks in advance.

Sharpamatt 07:10 17 Dec 05

to use AVG without possable conflicts, turn off the Anti Virus and E mail scanner in Zone Alarm, allowing AVG to cover these function

Tick Tock 1 20:40 17 Dec 05

I use zonealarm with win98se and have used sygate
and kerio with no problems.

Strawballs 22:48 17 Dec 05

I used sygate when I was using Win 98se without any problems.

Skyver 23:13 17 Dec 05

If you're looking for something resource-light (though admittedly out of date) Kerio 2.15. Search this page for `Kerio` click here

Skyver 23:25 17 Dec 05

OK, so there's not that much need to search a page with 3 entries :)

Greenfungi 20:52 19 Dec 05

Thank you all.

Devil Fish 08:11 20 Dec 05

outpost on the pca febuary coverdisk

Wak 14:06 20 Dec 05

I have been using the Sygate Personal FREE Firewall with Avast A/V on Win 98SE for about the last four years with no problems at all.
Initially tried Zone Alarm but didn't like it.

pmorff 03:46 02 Jan 06

Focus software produces escan which is a firewall, antivirus, anti spam and parental control all in one for about a tenner.
It has been running for about six months on a laptop and there have been no problems with any hackers or virus's.
I bought it in Woollies but any where that sells Focus software should sell it.
The license is for a year when it has to be renewed.
The software runs in the back ground but only uses 32mb RAM to do this.
Regular updates which are automatic.
Apparently there is free telephone and e mail support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…