Which Film Scanner?

sorefingers 23:46 08 Jan 04

The Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III Film Scanner
or The Canon Canoscan 9900F.
I have a lot of slides to digitise and print, but I thought I could kill two birds by having the Canon dual facility.

Any help appreciated

mole44 08:03 09 Jan 04

i bought an epson 1670photo and do 711 slides/photos over the xmas hols all were ok. so from my point of view i can recoment my epson,hope this helps

stlucia 08:42 09 Jan 04

Depends on how deep your pockets are and what you want to do with the scanned pictures.

Other contributors to this forum will probably confirm that the Minolta dedicated slide scanner is the way to go for best quality. But like Mole44 I use an Epson flatbed scanner (a different model from his) with a slide and film adapter and am well pleased with the results. I scan at 1200 d.p.i. (it can go up to 4800, I think) which is more than enough quality for showing slideshows on the PC or TV, or for printing 6" x 4" photos.

Smiler 12:01 09 Jan 04

I agree with stlucia it depends on what you want to do with the finished images. I have over 6000 slides that I am digitizing with an Epson 3200 photo and the results are excellent.

Go here click here and click on reviews then scanners for a reviews of the canon 9900f and the epson 3200 photo. Both reviews have comparisons to dedicated scanners included.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5