Which File Type ?

Bayleaf 20:27 06 Oct 04

Could anyone out there please advise on which file type to use when saving a CV for emailing which will enable the recipient to access it regardless of what software they are using.

Dorsai 20:52 06 Oct 04

Generally, just as .TXT

A basic, unformated, no added frills file type that should work almost anywere, on any PC.

bally1020 21:03 06 Oct 04

that if you are writing a cv, then the spacing would be important. If it is a simle text file, wont the text spaceing and/or tables be jumbled/?

I may be wrong but thats the first thought that comes to mind!!!! Maybe send two files a .doc and .txt. Doc seems to be quite popular although obviously not EVERYONE will be able to see it

cheers
Lian

VoG II 21:04 06 Oct 04

.rtf (Rich Text Format).

You can save a Word document in this format. It will open in Word, Wordpad and many other programs.

Dorsai 21:26 06 Oct 04

But if you are e-mailing it, and they can't read a well presented format.....

That is what snail-mail is for.

Or perhaps, send as an attachment, and include RTF, and .TXT

You can always write it, save it, in several formats, and then open it in the other formats, adjust the look, and save.

I guess.

TomJerry 21:47 06 Oct 04

it keeps format.

powerless 22:07 06 Oct 04

Phone the switchboard and ask them.

Bayleaf 21:30 07 Oct 04

Many thanks to all who responded to this thread. I thought I remember seeing a CV writing website recommending Rich Text but cannot find it now, anyway - thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…