Which Fan for my Power Supply

Gypsyjoss 20:18 26 Nov 14
Answered

The fan in my power supply is on it's last legs. I'd like to order a new one before stripping down the PC and PSU.

It's a Casecom ATX300W. Anyone know what I should order and from whom, please?

Thanks

alanrwood 21:19 26 Nov 14

Buy a new Power Supply. A fan will cost nearly as much and no guarantee it will be the correct one. Also dangerous to open up power supplies as high voltages remain even if it is switched off and disconnected from the maims. You should be able to pick up a 500W supply for around £20-25 and if your original is only 300W then it should be suitable to supply the required current

spuds 01:05 27 Nov 14
Answer

Don't even think about dismantling a psu or trying to replace the fan, because you will find a new replacement on somewhere like eBay. These are the sort of psu's I use with very good success rates click here

alanrwood 10:17 27 Nov 14

Hi Spuds

That is really cheap for a 500 Watt PSU especially as you have used them with success.

spuds 10:48 27 Nov 14

Good morning alanrwood

That particular model also sells as black, red or blue, but they are all the same, roughly being sold at that price or slightly dearer, depending on seller and postage. For general use, I have had no problems with the purchases I have made over time. Admitted they are not as heavy as the more expensive well branded psu's, but if they do the job!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…