Which external speakers for Laptop?

tardis100 22:34 24 Jul 10

I am wanting to buy some external speakers for my Laptop the integral ones are rubbish and I can't even get a decent level of volume from them. My question is should I go for a usb connection or a mains connection? I do favour a usb connection just because there will be less trailing cable if I do, but are they adequate? Or would I be better going for a mains connection? Some advice please and if anyone could recommend a half decent one I'd be grateful! Thanks

northumbria61 22:42 24 Jul 10

Decenet pair of Logitech at a decent price - and others to choose from - from Amazon. - click here

tardis100 22:47 24 Jul 10

Yes thanks Northumbria but should I be looking at usb connection or a mains connection?

northumbria61 23:09 24 Jul 10

It depends on what you want to use them for. If I wanted to listen to good quality music or for DVD playback I would go for mains connection - usb will never be as loud as mains. But as you put it "less trailing cable" and protability with USB.

A good site here with more choice - click here

You could always email them for further advice if need be.

woodchip 23:13 24 Jul 10

Mine are something like these click here

woodchip 23:20 24 Jul 10

Pick your Poison click here

tardis100 06:42 25 Jul 10

Thanks everyone for your input I've decided to go for usb connection and hope I'm not sorry. Just deciding which one. Appreciate al your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant