Which External Hardrive 500GB

dodojanik 17:13 15 Apr 08

i decided to buy a 500gb external hardrive...after i readed few reviews,tests... on the i-net so i found out that loads of the hardrives have got a high rate failure. i am choosing between: 1 - Maxtor OneTouch 4, 2 - Seagate FreeAgent Desktop, 3 - Western Digital MyBook Essential, 4 - Freecom, 5 - LaCie Hard Disk, Design by Neil Poulton... all of them are more or less the same price so which one would you recomend to me...if you have some experience with some of those HD please let me now whats the best one, because i dont want to spent 80bucks on something what will go wrong after few weeks...thanks

Ahdinko 17:18 15 Apr 08

Seagate and Western Digital are known to be good makes.

Maxtors used to be known as the worst of them really, but I don't know if thats changed since Seagate have taken over them.

woodchip 17:59 15 Apr 08

Why not fit one inside the computer as Slave, it will most likely last longer. And its cheaper

dodojanik 19:02 15 Apr 08

i like the look of the maxtor, but yeah the maxtor had the worsest failure and the Seagate wosnt that far from maxtor so thats why i started thinkig about Freecom, WD and Lacie...i dont wont to fin one inside the case because i gonna transfer data between my two PCs

Skymaid 19:19 15 Apr 08

I bought a LaCie 500gb one a few months ago and I am very pleased with it and the price was very good. The only thing that would improve it would be for it to have an on/off switch rather than to have to pull out the plug

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…