which e-mail, using POP and Outlook

awest3 19:36 18 Mar 08

I've always used Outlook as my email pgm, but am shortly changing my ISP and would like to have the ability to logon to my email account from anywhere in the world..I beleive POP accounts (unless someone can tell me differently) are only accessible from a PC on which the email account was set up..?

Can I have an independent (i.e. not linked to an ISP) email account and still use outlook as my email client...?

If so which are the best...?

Al

MAJ 19:48 18 Mar 08

"Can I have an independent (i.e. not linked to an ISP) email account and still use outlook as my email client...?"

Gmail is the best in my opinion.

Miké 20:17 18 Mar 08

click here web or pop.

Clapton is God 20:29 18 Mar 08

Most ISPs will offer you the ability to access e-mail from an e-mail client on your PC as well as via their webamil service from any internet-connected PC

Woolwell 21:26 18 Mar 08

I have a POP e-mail account which I access using Outlook. The ISP also has webmail for the same account and I have used an internet cafe overseas to view, read and reply to my e-mail.

awest3 20:37 02 Apr 08

My new provider SKY, allows both web and pop connections. I have now set up accounts using outlook on my new SKY email address and everything is working fine...I have added my wife as an additional user and set up her access as well...all working well.

Thanks for the advice

Bagsey 09:10 03 Apr 08

I use click here from anywhere in the world and can pickup my mail using my email address.

awest3 21:28 03 Apr 08

I'll give it a try...thanks Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…