Which DVD format?

Eagie 20:00 06 Aug 04

I have just bought a Sony DWU-18A dvd rewriter and have a couple of questions - both I am sure will have been addressed before but I can't find any threads.

I can use either DVD+ or DVD- format media but am not sure what the difference is. I think that my rewriter has better speeds with the DVD+ format but is there any other reason to choose one over the other?

The second query is the old Nero vs Easy CD Creator debate. My choices seem to be Nero 6 or Easy Media Creator 7. Can anyone recommend either of these?

Thanks for the help.

SEASHANTY 20:15 06 Aug 04

Lots of DVDR info on this website click here

SEASHANTY 20:19 06 Aug 04

There are some previous PCA threads on this here
click here

SEASHANTY 20:23 06 Aug 04

...and two threads listed under format click here

Eagie 20:41 06 Aug 04

Thanks for the guidence Seashanty - I knew the answers would be here somewhere.

So I guess I just have to try both + and - formats and see how it goes.

Not sure there is a definitive answer on the software front though.

spanneress 20:44 06 Aug 04

ok..summarised,,,

DVD-
Developed by Pioneer
Single layer
Not Industry standard
Cheaper than DVD+

DVD+

Phillips, Sony, Dell, HP & MS endorsed
Mutliple layered
More disk storage
Bit more expensive.

HTH

THE TERMINATOR 23:36 06 Aug 04

DVD+ is better for video, DVD- is better for data....TT

terryr48 23:43 06 Aug 04

Packs of 25 dvd+ or -are available cheap £5.13+vat.from novatech. I don't know if they are any good but I've just bought a dvd writer and some of these cheapies to experiment with before I try the dear ones.
The customer feedback reckons these are OK-but I shall see. If not they are cheap coasters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…