Which VIA Driver should I download and use

Giggle n' Bits 00:39 18 Sep 05

Ok, final problem is I have the Asus A8V-E Deluxe Motherboard, I use 1x Sata HDD running Windows XP Home.

I have looked at the viaarena.com website under chipset drivers and see their is a Hypherion Pro driver & then a 4in1 driver seperate.

Now it says use the Hypherion Pro v500 driver if you use SATA or Raid. If you don't use the other 4in1.

That makes sense I understand.

So with using SATA (Not Raid) I download the Hypherion driver but when I go to install it there are 3 items listed one being a RAID utility, another being a Raid montior thing and other being newer inf thing.

So am I right that I untick the boxes and just install the remainder as I don't want the raid options why should they be installed please

Giggle n' Bits 12:58 18 Sep 05

confused by reading into too many 3rd party forums and by what via say.

I have Sata HDD with Via K8T890 & VT8237R chipset I am not using RAID and I am only using 1 SATA HDD.

WinXP is 32Bit not 64Bit.

The SATA Driver is already in place as this was done under windows at the F6 & S switch.

Should I install Via 4in1 4.56v ? or Pro 500A driver ? with omitting the Raid utility.

Stuartli 13:22 18 Sep 05

If you do the Quick Install then only the drivers that are required will be installed.

You can also find information at:

click here

and

click here

Giggle n' Bits 13:36 18 Sep 05

I am still confused, can someone just tell me if I should install the Via Hyperion Pro v500 or should I install the Via 4in1 v4.56 or is the Sata/Raid which is already intact is enough.

Stuartli 13:45 18 Sep 05

This advice seems perfectly clear to me from the TweakGuides link:

A Recent VIA Motherboard with Windows XP Home/Pro:

Download and install the latest HyperionPro package. Note, recent motherboards include the KT4## series, P4X4## series and newer.

Also note, if you are not using SATA or RAID functionality, you can download and install the regular Hyperion drivers instead.

Giggle n' Bits 16:46 18 Sep 05

the thing that puzzles me I went to download the Pro v500 package and it list's the part of the driver there are Raid utility & Raid monitor part of it.

Now, I can untick these to select Not to install them and install the remainder inf thingy.

Ok, I have finally installed it but not the Raid monitor. Thanks Stuartli sorry if I sound a little off.

Now for my next post ref Athlon 64 Venice 350+ driver or not driver to be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…