Which Driver for MSI FX5600 AGP Card advice ?

Giggle n' Bits 00:43 21 Feb 04

Fitted new MSI AGP 128MB DDR X8 TD FX5600 VID card, loads of software disks one being a Blue CDriver CD with lots of utility tools on like MSI Live update etc.

Question, Are all these utility tools really needed, I have looked into the browse CD the AGP Driver on the CD is old like 4.4 but I know Nvidia have a 53.3 available.

So doesn't it make sense just to download and intall the latest Nvidia Driver and forget the Utility tools, I am not into overclocking the card nor anything like that, just really want to know if the Straight driver would suffice.

Oh, forgot to mention like you do, XP.

colrobs 01:17 21 Feb 04

Can you not download the latest MSI driver from their website and install it if you dont want all the utilities software. As for compatability, I really dont know if an Nvidia driver will work with an MSI card.

Gaz 25 01:39 21 Feb 04

click here - Support - download - vga - download the latest Nvidia drivers that are optimised for MSI.

Or use the liveupdate util, that does it all for you.

ardvarc 08:15 21 Feb 04

If you have MSI Live Monitor utility/Live Update 2/3 then install it and it gives you updates relevant to your system including Firmware updates. Also BIOS updates that can be flashed in Windows and MSI's up to date driver updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…