which drive i am booting from ??

acein1 13:29 17 Jul 07

i have 2 internal hard drives, how do i know which one im using or booting from thanks

robbiepaul79 13:49 17 Jul 07

Which drive is the operating system loaded on this should give an indication.

wee eddie 13:51 17 Jul 07

One, usually the "C" Drive will be described as "Local Disk". That's your man.

Is that the reason for the question or do you have a Subsidiary Question? e.g. Why do you need to know?

acein1 13:55 17 Jul 07

in my computer i have local disk c and local disk f thanks???

acein1 13:56 17 Jul 07

sorry i should have said that the o/s is on C
but the f drive is a clone of c

wee eddie 14:24 17 Jul 07

With what program did you clone your C Drive with because I think that it will show as a single file.

You would normally work from the C Drive and you'd be using the F Drive for back-ups.

wee eddie 14:24 17 Jul 07

With what program did you clone your C Drive with because I think that it will show as a single file.

You would normally work from the C Drive and you'd be using the F Drive for back-ups.

acein1 14:29 17 Jul 07

thanks eddie," xxclone" complete copy of one drive to the other

Diemmess 15:55 17 Jul 07

Looks like wee eddie is right.

You wanted to make a backup as you should do.
But xxclone free and good as it is, makes an exact copy on the target drive, wiping all before it!

If you use something like Acronis you can make a compressed image of C: which can be stored on any other drive with enough space and it won't disturb any other data stored on that drive.

At the moment you have two identical drives and at times neither you nor perhaps the computer is sure which one is the C: drive.

You could check this by opening the box and disconnecting the power lead from each HD in turn.
If the computer boots equally from either alone, case proved.

MichelleC 09:57 18 Jul 07

Or type in cmd in Run.

acein1 18:39 18 Jul 07

sorted thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…