which digicam? best digicam?

Cooter 11:35 03 Jan 04

ok yes i know its all swings and roundabouts and been asked many times before but i have delved through the mass digicam market and found 2 or 3 that may tempt me into emptying my wallet. for under £350 the sony s50 looks good and spec even better. for £317 (camerashop) the kyocera s5 looks awesome. or even the latest 5 megapixel canon but i cant remeber the model number. thanx for any help and advice on these and any other models that may be of interest to me or others. cheers

Valen 11:57 03 Jan 04

Hi in the P C World mag january this years issue is a good review on cameras try it. or this link to their site click here
If the page does not come up put in to their search best digi camera it should keep you busy.

toxin 11:58 03 Jan 04

Take a look at the Olympus C740, £300 at Jessops.

I have one, takes some terrific photos, especially outdoors, not so good in low light conditions; but with its 10X zoom, auto or manual control, it saves lugging an SLR around with 3 lenses!!

Read the reviews on steves digicams, imaging resource, dpreview etc.

Hope this helps, Toxin.

toxin 19:12 03 Jan 04

Hi Cooter!

Update on C740 pricing.
Just found it @ £250 on Pixmania!
A good bargain at this price.

Cooter 13:18 05 Jan 04

cheers guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…