which desktop to buy?

onefunkypenguin 18:18 02 Mar 05

hey, new comp user here so looking for info onm which comp to buy. i have a £1000 budget and will mainly be using it for games and storing music and photos. just wondering where to buy from??? mesh seem to have good deals but seen a compaq athlon 64 3200 with decent specs in pcworld for £540 which combined woth cost of grahics card and tft wood bring me up to same price... any advice! much appreciated, dave

barney1234568910 18:28 02 Mar 05

try dell.co.uk

Happy Soul 18:31 02 Mar 05

Or have a look here. The TFT's/Monitors are extra but sell those also.

Happy Soul 18:32 02 Mar 05

Whoops. click here

Happy Soul 18:32 02 Mar 05

Whoops. click here

Jeffers22 18:34 02 Mar 05

In your position I'd go with the PC World job complete with the upgrades. But before you buy in store, take a look at their website. There is a huge price differential on most things. Even if you buy on their web site, going to the store is likely to be an option if you have problems.

onefunkypenguin 18:58 02 Mar 05

thanks guys, been round most of the manufacturers and they all seem to have similarly specced machines. the pcworld option seems reasonable to me, shouldnt be too much of a problem taking it back if things go wrong but if i add a graphics card will it void the warranty on it?

Satmansq 19:28 02 Mar 05

Try having a look at the reviews on this site.

onokeck 01:49 03 Mar 05

Why not give Jal Computers a look, You can build what you want. See my threads for Jal Computers. I own one and am really happy with it, Casey

User-312386 07:22 03 Mar 05

click here for 3 great PC's then if you click on the "select this system" you will be taken to the next page where it asks if you want Operating System and which monitor to pick and if you want any software

I would go for the Matrix Pro 64 3200, I chose XP home a TFT 17' Flat screen and 5.1 speakers on there site for a cost of £814.91 inc Delivery and VAT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…