Which computer should I buy?

supermodel2591 02:21 15 Mar 11

Basically, I have it down to two computers which I like. They are pretty similar price wise (obviously the 1st one is more expensive but includes a monitor, I'd buy it separately for the 2nd one) but the specifications are very different - hence why I'm having difficulty choosing! It'd be used for light gaming and a bit of photo editing but nothing major besides that. They both include a keyboard/mouse and a wireless networking card. I don't know a huge amount about computers so please help!

Computer 1 - £833

25" Hanns.G Monitor
Intel Core i5 760 Processor 2.8GHz
Radeon HD6850 1GB Graphics Card
4GB Memory
Blu Ray Combi Drive
1000GB Hard Disk

Computer 2 - £721

Intel Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
Radeon HD5770 1GB Graphics Card
6GB Memory
1000GB Hard Disk

chub_tor 10:42 15 Mar 11

If you are only doing "light gaming" and "a bit of photo editing" you don't need a machine anywhere near that poweful. For that kind of specification you could quite easily get away with something like this click here

supermodel2591 10:47 15 Mar 11

I intend to play things like Sims 3, and while I know it's by no means Crysis, I'm pretty sure it needs dedicated graphics and a fairly decent amount of RAM. I found this table saying with detailled system requirements for the game to give you an idea;

click here

chub_tor 21:12 15 Mar 11

The Dell site allows you to upgrade to a dedicated graphics card and a bigger hard drive for £60 and it already has 4Gb RAM which is more than enough for Sims3. However if you want my opinion on the two options you gave I would go for the one with the i7 processor and the 6Gb RAM even if it is total overkill for your needs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…