Which Computer?

Allan RISC OS user 17:27 18 May 10

I want to upgrade from my present computer, but have been advised that I should get one with an Intel i5 processor. I do not really need a top end machine, but would like a reasonable fast one.
I do not play games on line. 3 or 4 GB RAM is sufficient, I would like 2 hard drives of about 300GB each.
I would not wish to upgrade but my present machine slows up when it is running as very little RAM is left free.It is running Windows 7 home 32bit. I do not wish to pay more that £600.
Any ideas please?

Sea Urchin 17:31 18 May 10

Can you not increase your RAM?

Allan RISC OS user 18:13 18 May 10

No I cannot sadly, The mother board,processor, and many other things would have to be upgraded, it would cost more than a new one.

The Kestrel 18:40 18 May 10

I've been looking at this one click here . It looks a good deal and has very positive reviews from purchasers.

retep888 19:39 18 May 10

Is your £600 budget for a base unit only or a whole new package?

kdt 21:36 18 May 10

my Dell Vostro 430 i7 860 processor 6gbRAM 500 gb HD
W7 PROFESSIONAL 22" monitor logitech 5.1 speakers system etc cost about £850..not bad if you can up the price range?

Allan RISC OS user 21:59 18 May 10

Yes Base Unit, wireless keyboard and mouse.

Migwell 22:32 18 May 10

Hi Alan
I bought the very same one from ebuyer and I am very happy with it. You can if you want expand the memory to 8 gig but it seems quite OK as it is. I use mine for editing Photographs and find that it is very quick.

I had a chance of using my old computer the other day it was an Athlon 2800 with 1 gig of memory and thought that it had crashed when I asked it to do a photograph edit (by comparison)

Yes go for it, I am pleased that I did and I recomend that you do.

Migwell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…