Which CompTIA A+ course ???

Tinkey Winkey 22:47 17 Sep 03

I would like to study A+ from home.

So far I'm considering Macmin at £210 or Electra for only £50 !

Does anyone know about these courses and would care to comment ?

Or, perhaps you know of a better course ?

Tinkey Winkey 08:29 18 Sep 03

Oh dear!Can't anyone advise me on A+ !?

Kitz E Kat 08:41 18 Sep 03

I did a course at a local Computer Training Center, it did cost, but was worth it, i can't make any comments on the course as i dont have any experience of either...

For very good questions click here, you won't find better

Get an old computer that you can trash,and wont be afraid to try pretty much anything on...

Forget about the M$ A+ course readiness guide its rubbish.....

Hope this is of some help
Yours
Kitz E Kat

expertec 08:50 18 Sep 03

I would like to study A+ from home, where can i find out about this Electra course?

Tinkey Winkey 08:55 18 Sep 03
  expertec 09:17 18 Sep 03

thanks for that, the Electra course is only £39.60, looks like excellent value, i think you have to arrange the exams yourself click here

expertec 16:27 18 Sep 03

ther are free A+ and other practice exams at click here

Tinkey Winkey 20:44 19 Sep 03

Someone must have done a Macmin or Electra A+ course !!!!???

zanwalk 07:34 20 Sep 03

Yes, I did the A+ course about 18 months ago, I didn't in the end sit the exam as I am self employed and so didn't need the qualification in order to get a job. It is a very comprehensive course and I would recommend it to anyone as a way of learning all the basic stuff about computers. I actually did the Macmin course which is rather expensive but very comprehensive. I also bought a book, The Complete A+ Study Guide, which covers the same material but not in quite so much depth.

If anyone is interested, I will sell either/both for a nominal sum, just mail me.

Hope this is of interest.

Rose 08:56 20 Sep 03

I am currently studying the A+ course at my local college. It's my second attempt as the first course - also at a local college - proved to provide totally inadaquate tuition. Experience in this area dictates that you check out the tutors before enrolling, current tutor is an absolute gem, if I acquire half his knowledge during this course I'll be delighted. Have invested in various A+ books including the Electra course which is in my opinion pretty rubbish. If you want to study at home go for Michael Meyers A+ book which is excellent. Costs in the region of £50.00 and includes a CD with useful exam prep questions - worth the money as I've seen others use nothing but this book and pass the A+ exam first go. Personally I would recommend that you enroll on an A+ course locally as interaction with other like minded students can provide a valuable input and a tutor on hand can provide answers to so many questions that will invariably crop up. If my experiences can be of any more help to you please feel free to get in touch. Good luck in whatever route you choose to follow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…