Which VIA Chipset Driver should I use please

Giggle n' Bits 19:12 12 Sep 05

I have Asus A8V-E Deluxe with VIA Chipsets Northbridge K8T890 & Southbridge is VT8237R

I am using SATA but not Raid I am confused is I am supposed to use the Hypherion Pro 500 Driver or the Standard 4in1

Could someone please point me to the correct VIA Chipset Driver.

Chegs ® 19:20 12 Sep 05

I have recently been collecting Via 4 in 1's(trying to sort a major hassle with my monitor)They come in dozens of flavours, 4.41,500,etc.So far,I have seen no dicernable differences with the various flavours so would suggest you get whichever you fancy (click here) from here.

harps1h 19:33 12 Sep 05

i would suggest the 4 in 1 set

Stuartli 19:42 12 Sep 05

Full explanation here:

click here

In most cases the XP chipset drivers will prove perfectly adequate although more recent boards will be better with Hyperion.

PC Bilbo 19:56 12 Sep 05

I recently built computer using same Mobo as yours with 2 SATA drives which I congigured as Mirror RAID using the Promise '378 driver & "Fast Track" set up (with XP HOME)which makes it very easy.

My Supplier who builds a lot of computers commented that for single SATA drive they used the VIA SATA driver from the support CD.

You don't state Operating System but if you look on the Mobo support CD under VIA 8237 SATA quick set up you should find info there.

Giggle n' Bits 00:30 14 Sep 05

Looks like the 4in1 pro Sata/Raid driver set will be the one. There is an option to untick the Raid and just install the 4in1 with SATA driver and not the raid as soon as you execute the driver.

Cheers everyone.

Giggle n' Bits 00:38 14 Sep 05

I read you built your system around this motherboard. Did you have any problems installing Windows XP just after the formating of HDD ?

I have just gone back to a problem I had a few days ago which I thought was a memory issue and I would be interested in knowing your manufacturer & type of DDR Memroy Please.

I am using PC3200 DDR400 which is matched by Crucial configurator these DIMMS have chips on one side only. Take it your call is Single Channel but would be interested on your findings or any teething problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…