Which cheap photo printer

Furkin 07:24 17 Apr 07

Hi all,
I wanted to print a couple of passport photo's the other day, & realised that whilst my Brother All-In-One does print some good quality stuff,,,, I’d like something better for the occasional photo.
Whilst purchase price is an issue,,,, I don't want this to be at the detriment to running costs.
Any suggestions please ?
thanks

BT 08:02 17 Apr 07

Epson D78 from Tesco for uder £40
click here

jack 08:55 17 Apr 07

Occasional use for photo's?
Then one of the Epson/HP/Canon dedicated small footprint 6x4 printers perhaps click here
.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes or for bigger better stuff- Epson R series
Running costs - well Compats are the cheapest route of course.

candun 09:05 17 Apr 07

This is a very good option and there are compatible inks available for 'Epson' models. I'll be installing a Continuous Ink Supply System (arrived last week)in my old Epson RX420 in the near future, this should make a big difference economically.

candun 09:08 17 Apr 07

I refer to the 'Tesco' offer, sorry.

Furkin 18:08 17 Apr 07

BT & CANDUN: thanks for D78 info. It might be a bit big for the occasional photo in my case (I have other printers for 'normal' stuff,,, (& am considering a Minolta 2530 colour laser - unless there is something better for similar money ??)but I do like the idea of 5760 x1440 res.
If anyone else is reading this, the D78 can be got cheaper than Tesco.
JACK: Thanks also - I like the look of Epson Stylus Photo R260,,,, cos you can also print disc/media - again, it looks a bit big for my desk but might be worth a punt.
I'm also looking at the Kodak items (maybe 300) cos of their ink cost strategy !
food for thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…