//some 3rd party need geo

which cd writing software for xp home,

Newuser1241 18:13 26 Jul 03

My friend has just bought a PC from PC WORLD with single cdrw drive. There is no special writing software offered as XP has its own, but from what I have heard I think this is limited.

What do others use? I have Nero but find it still less friendly than easy CD that came with my first writer a plextor 16x.

She is a novice when it comes to PC'S and from what I could see the XP software is not going to be very easy to get to grips with.

I cannot load my version of Nero as it is locked to the cd writer I have.

Thanks

Forum Editor 18:54 26 Jul 03

"....from what I could see the XP software is not going to be very easy to get to grips with" because it really couldn't be easier.

When you insert a blank CD WindowsXP will offer to open a CD writing window, into which you simply drag and drop any files that you wish to write. When you're ready, tell WinXp to write the CD and away it goes - the CD will eject on completion.

If it's music files you need to write you can do it in Windows Media Player - just as easy and just as foolproof.

I've not encountered any problems at all, and I've written hundreds of CDs in WinXP. Get your friend to give it a try - I'm sure she'll be fine.

jimv7 19:08 26 Jul 03

You can also right click on files and from the drop down menu, 'Send to cdrw', What could be easier.

barrie_g 19:13 26 Jul 03
  TOMMO01 21:08 26 Jul 03

Hi. I dont like the inbuilt XP writing package either.

I use Nero 5.5.xxx for my DVD writing.

For general audio, data and more I use WINONCD 5. This program is excellent.

hugh-265156 21:13 26 Jul 03

i also use nero but xps built in tools are not bad at all and very easy to use.

a handy plugin for it click here

Newuser1241 22:09 26 Jul 03

Thanks for the responses, uaual quick stuff from this site, 1st time I have used it, but read it often.

For Ed, reason I say don't think it looks that easy is that when starting to explore system within xp there seems to be so much info that appears as go through menu. For the real novice, which she is, so much seems to appear so quickly. I know that she is seeing the screen change and thinking "hows that happened"
The fact that she only has the one drive means she is going to have to copy temp files onto hard drive etc.

I know that this is one of the main things she wants to use the comp for, I spent most of the afternoon just loading various software on for them, left showing her where the "help" is for windows and got her to start going through the tour. 1st thing she forgot to get was any writeable Cd'S.

She/they will be OK given time and a bit of playing, fortunately there is also a win Xp Tips mag out this month, so she will work through that as well.
Ta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…