Which CD is for which Graphics Card?

Sapins 16:45 05 Aug 08

I have one desktop running 98SE, not in use at the moment, and another running XP Home SP3.

The problem is I don't know which installation CD is for which card [don't ask] and I would like to re-install the driver and software on the XP machine as I am having display problems, the background of the screen keeps going bright yellow and suddenly returning to normal, which I hope to do if someone helps me out, return to normal that is;-)

Both cards are Radeon, one is a 9250 and the other a 9800, one CD has Catalyst Driver Suite version 4.1 for XP/2000/9X/ME, driver version 12-014 the other CD has Catalyst Driver Suite version 4.10 driver version 12-026, no mention of any operating systems.

johnnyrocker 16:51 05 Aug 08

i would be more inclined to be looking at monitor probs if you have a crt one then possibly reseat or replace graphics?

johnny

alB 16:56 05 Aug 08

If you use CCleaner, open it and along the top band it should give you the info you want ...alB

Sapins 17:04 05 Aug 08

Monitor is TFT, I have removed and re-seated the card to no avail.

alB, I haven't got CCleaner but I'll get and see what it says, Thanks both,

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 17:11 05 Aug 08

Can't find the info!

Ditch999 17:17 05 Aug 08

If you want to update the graphics driver go to the ATI website and download the latest driver for the respective OSs click here
Windows 98 is listed at the bottom
Make sure you uninstall properly as well click here

Pamy 17:18 05 Aug 08

I would run one(toss a coin) if you do not like results, remove then run the other

Ditch999 17:18 05 Aug 08

If you are planning on installing newer or updated drivers, it is recommended that you uninstall the older drivers that are currently on your system before installing the new ones. To do this, please follow the directions below:

Removing Old ATI Software

1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
6. Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO (see screenshot below).
7. Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.

If you do not have the ATI Software Uninstall Utility listed in the add or remove programs list, you can simply uninstall each listed ATI component by clicking on it, then clicking on the Change/Remove button.

alB 17:23 05 Aug 08

On opening my version of CCleaner, next to the logo it gives some system info (screen shot click here ), sorry to mislead you if it's not the same on yours ...alB

Sapins 19:32 05 Aug 08

Found it now, but I want to know which CD goes with which card.

I might have to ask ATI.

alB 20:41 05 Aug 08

Ah, I see what you mean now, if you browse the CD would any of the folders on it give you a clue, you might get a more up to date driver from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…