Which is c-drive on Advent T9202?

grumpy-git 20:43 06 Jan 11

It has 2 hard drives, I am planning on replacing the d-drive - but is that the upper or lower hard drive?

Had a look on UKTSupport site, but that doesn't help. I did ask the question on adventsupport some time ago but got no reply.

Ta, g-g

GaT7 20:49 06 Jan 11

One way to find out is to temporarily disconnect (via power or data cable) one drive at a time & boot up - you'll know soon enough:

If it boots, then you have disconnected the D drive (assuming C is your OS drive).

If it doesn't, you've removed the C drive. G

grumpy-git 20:54 06 Jan 11

I'd thought of doing that, but I'd had a dodgy connection with the d-drive some time ago & the less I keep unplugging leads the better, especially if it's ones I don't need to touch.

lotvic 00:49 07 Jan 11

looking at the mobo diagram click here the sata ports are numbered so the harddrive connected to sata2 should be your D: drive
C: drive will be connected to sata1

GaT7 11:34 07 Jan 11

lotvic, you may be right on this occasion, but please be aware it's not always necessarily the case. The C drive will still be the C drive if connected to any other SATA numbered header on the motherboard. And likewise with the D drive.

g-g, if the drives are different capacities, you can look in Disk Management to easily determine which ones are C & D. Then disconnect the D drive accordingly. G

lotvic 12:19 07 Jan 11

Wasn't trying to be 'right' just pointing out way that is usual for sata drives to be connected, only grumpy-git will know if he has altered them.
Could check in the BIOS to see which is set to boot from. Drive 0 is connected to sata1 AFAIK

grumpy-git 13:44 07 Jan 11

Thanks lotvic,

I'd looked at that diagram before, but didn't think of looking for the sata sockets. That should help me identify which drive is which.

g-g

GaT7 13:56 07 Jan 11

"I'd thought of doing that, but I'd had a dodgy connection with the d-drive some time ago & the less I keep unplugging leads the better, especially if it's ones I don't need to touch."

You can disconnect the cable(s) at the motherboard, so you don't need to touch the drives. G

grumpy-git 20:20 07 Jan 11

Cheers all - job done!!

The d-drive was the lower one. It was 500GB (I had changed both the original 200GB drives a couple of years ago after one had failed) and has now been replaced by a Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB drive.

g-g

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…