Which burning software is best for me?

JOHN F K 18:27 26 Aug 04

I have just bought an NEC D-2510 DVD-RW drive, which came bundled with Nero OEM Suite 1. I already had PCTV Rave capture card and software installed.

The capture card is not supported by Nero, who have on the whole been very helpful to me, so there is no point upgrading to the full version of Nero. I have asked Pinnacle for a demo CD of their Studio 9 software and am waiting for that.

I can capture video and export it to Nero, as long as I'm using the full version (on trial at the moment) but the video and audio are out of sync, so transferring to DVD is pointless.

All I want to do is capture analogue video from my camcorder and make my own DVD home movies from that. Which software is best for me to achieve this?

stalion 19:41 26 Aug 04

this one is free if you want to try it
click here

chugby 19:47 26 Aug 04
  chugby 20:04 26 Aug 04

been thinking about this myself, seen this thread which is informative.
click here

JOHN F K 09:06 27 Aug 04

Thanks chugby, thread is very informative.

Will wait for Pinnacle to get back with demo, but still worried about audio video sync problem, anybody got a solution. Thought Sonic MyDVD might be answer but according to their site, my analogue capture card is not in their spec.

pj123 11:06 27 Aug 04

I stopped using Pinnacle because of the sync problem (even with the latest version). I now use Sonic MyDVD and there are no sync problems whatsoever. MyDVD burns to DVD (doesn't need Nero) My capture unit is Dazzle Fusion external USB. It is not listed on the Sonic site as being supported but it works perfectly. Check Dazzle Fusion here click here

It comes with Pinnacle Studio 8 but that has sync problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…