which browser is the best to use

ΆØL HåŁęŖ 21:17 09 Jun 03

i have heard stories of certain browsers being better to use than ie6. is this true and if so what is the best browser to use and where can i install it from?

soy 21:39 09 Jun 03

click here

I use Opera and find it much better than IE6. Have also used Mozilla but some webpages look akward with it.

Opera has built in Pop-up stopper, Tabbed browsing and seems to be much quicker than IE6 in loading webpages.

Installer. 21:51 09 Jun 03

I have always found the AOL browser to be fine, try AOL 8.

Valvegrid 21:52 09 Jun 03

I use Mozilla, it's interesting that soy says the pages look awkward because they look OK on my system.

I run Win98se and used 98Lite to remove IE6 which saves me nearly 50bm of disk space and speed up the applications.

click here

click here

Paul.

soy 22:01 09 Jun 03

For example, Looking at PCAvisor in mozilla.

The divide between the middle column(threads) and the right coloumn(Links) is enlarged for me. Normally its a thin grey line right? well for me, I see a thick solid grey column taking up about a quarter of the browser.

Hope you understand what i mean.

soy

Valvegrid 22:24 09 Jun 03

Yes I do know what you mean. Mine looks quite normal, I was trying to get a picture of it onto my web page, but it's taking too long. If I manage it tonight I'll post the link.

Paul.

Valvegrid 22:40 09 Jun 03

This is what PCA looks like on my machine which will be of interest to ΆØL HåŁęŖ as well.

click here

Paul.

Pesala 22:40 09 Jun 03

click here

This was started when I first installed Opera 7.11. Most of the problems have been resolved by now. Some people are still trying to get to grips with the new M2 email client. I have resolved the Unicode issues and now know how to post €dstow's name or Vog™ trademark into this forum.

Opera is highly customisable, and fully featured. This is my current desktop in fullscreen mode: click here.

Have a look at this thread to see why I don't use Outlook Express click here
and this one for why I don't think very much of IE favourites click here

There are lots of other reasons why Opera is a better browser, but don't expect to master it in just one or two days: give it a week or two at least, and keep your existing browser and email so that you can backtrack if you do something silly, due to lack of experience.

Valvegrid 22:41 09 Jun 03

This is what PCA looks like on my machine which will be of interest to ΆØL HåŁęŖ as well.

click here

Paul.

Valvegrid 22:43 09 Jun 03

Sorry about the echo.

VoG™ 22:49 09 Jun 03

With great respect I think that you had to go to some lengths to post my name; Opera will not do it.

Interestinly (perhaps) I'm posting this using IE6 since this site on Opera 6.05 (not IE or Mozilla) has slowed to an absolute crawl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…