Which browser ?

Daibus 12:38 19 Oct 03

I know that probably everyone has a favourite browser, but is it possible to outline the main advantages of some of the most popular ones, e.g Mozilla, Opera and Avant for example.

Cheers.

Pesala 18:40 20 Oct 03

As you say, it is much a matter of personal preference. It depends on how you use the internet. I like Opera as I find it much faster than IE for what I do. I started this thread when 7.11 came out
click here

Now vesion 7.21 is released and even better. click here My favourite plus points in order of priority.

1. Multiple Document Interface - many sites open at once. One click switch between them by means of the page tab. Makes it easy to copy and paste links, text, etc., when posting on forums.

2. Instant backtracking to previous/next pages. Very quick to browse to something read in an earlier thread before posting a reply.

3. Built-in email client. Database design is great but different to other email clients. I found it easy to get accustomed to. Email checking/notification while browsing doesn't interrupt, but you know when new mail has arrived.

4. Highly customisable. Arrange tool bars and menus any way you want. (Within reason) Skins too.

5. Built-in popup stopper and download manager.

6. Active forum to get help when you need it (~_~) and criticism when you don't. (>_<)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017