Which Broadband Phone Call

Harry 13:54 16 Jan 08

I know of Bt Broadband talk (£7.99/m)and Vonage (£5.99/m then 7.99/m after 6 months) which allows me to call from normal phone giving free anytime landline calls. Vonage told me they will not accept payment through my Maestro debit card. I dont have any other card.

I am thinking about joing Tiscali all inclusive for about £20 but I heard their broadband speeds are not reliable.

Anyone know of any others that gives this service for any less? I was on orange broadband and got this service for free but now I joined O2 broadband and I am looking for free calls.

I am not interested in making calls from my computer. Thanks in advance.

john bunyan 17:41 16 Jan 08

I use Vonage. Very good service. Also I pay by a Mastercard charge card - I thought it safer than my Maestro debit card. May be worth another call to them.

Harry 17:53 16 Jan 08

Unfortunately I only have 1 card.

Fingees 18:17 16 Jan 08

I would check again with them, as a debit card is more of a guarantee of payment to them, than a credit card.

This is because, if the money is not available on the account, the transaction won't go ahead.

Maestro debit card is from a reputable bank,. Perhaps somebody made a mistake.

Harry 23:42 16 Jan 08

I phoned twice and same answer. They also will not accept direct debit. They will accept visa, american express, solo but the second person did say to me to talk to their finance section. If I can get on Vonage, it could turn out to be a good deal because Quidco the cashback folks are giving £55 commission if I sign up online through them. That would make this deal £4/month.

Even so I am still keen to find out if there are other good offers around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced