Which Broadband?

Katie G 09:09 27 Nov 03

Currently with Virgin 24/7 and am paying for a service not receiving due to all their problems recently with their servers. Wanting to change to broadband. Worth changing to Virgin broadband or will the service be just as bad? Can anyone recommend good service for home user? Anyone any comments re 'plus.net' home broadband service please as seems to look pretty good? Am using ME and don't want to change to XP. Thanks for your help!

wizkidwall_03 09:17 27 Nov 03

i recommend bt broadband if your a novice computer user this is easiest to set up and you get the most help good luck
wizkid

AubreyS 09:20 27 Nov 03

Hi Katie.

I agree with wizkidwall. I aslso have BT broadband. I've had no problems and when I did have a query, it was sorted very quickly. I'm very pleased with it. Good luck.
A.

Jakey boy 09:27 27 Nov 03

Get BT Broadband, simple and a very good customer service.

PlusNet have an excellent reputation. Based in my home town, I see articles about them in the local press. I've just made a test call to their help line (0845 local call rate), spoke to a person in 30 seconds. click here

KCR 14:52 27 Nov 03

Pleased with NTL (and they are cheaper and give you the modem for free and no installation charges). If something goes wrong you will have to wait in a telephone queue for a while but they are very helpful when you do speak to them. Their Accounts Departments are a nightmare - they don't know what they are doing - charged me for digital tv for 6 months when I didn't have it and they seem to have 2 accounting systems which don't reconcile !

Ex Cossack 15:21 27 Nov 03

Also have a look here click here

djohn will also recommend "zen" but they don't appear in the broadband suppliers list. You could email djohn to get more info on them.

Djohn 15:31 27 Nov 03

They are in the ADSL guide click here and come top of the ratings list consistently month after month. It was with this information and recommendation of many PCA forum members that made my decision for me. j.

jerichobob 15:32 27 Nov 03

I've got AOL and the service is fine. The modem and installation are free, and even a computer illiterate like me went through the setup process without a hitch.

Mr_Nice_Guy 17:07 27 Nov 03

Tiscali i find the best, as it is very cheap and they have a 256k service which is good.

byfordr 18:33 27 Nov 03

could try click here click here click here I use the first link myself but know others who use the other 2 without problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…