Which is better: Nvida or Ati Radeon for laptops

Space_sticks 16:34 18 May 04

I love gaming and currently own a patriot 2450 2.4ghz pentium, 512mb ram, sis 650 video card and sis sound card laptop.
So far, I've enjoyed my gaming experience on this computer however time has come where its now unable to support the games like: Call of Duty, Doom3, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Does anyone know whether:
1) Which would be the better of the two, be it
this machine or if I do decide to get a
better laptop, Nvida or Radeon (and if
possible, why)?

2) I can get a graphics card installed for this
machine or does anyone know the phone number
to the Patriot company(I don't have the
manuals here in the UK)

Thanks for the help.

Space_sticks 13:33 28 May 04

I love gaming and currently own a patriot 2450 2.4ghz pentium, 512mb ram, sis 650 video card and sis sound card laptop. So far, I've enjoyed my gaming experience on this computer however time has come where its now unable to support the games like: Call of Duty, Doom3, Lord of the Rings, etc.
Does anyone know whether: 1) Which would be the better of the two, be it this machine or if I do decide to get a better laptop, Nvida or Radeon (and if possible, why)?

2) I can get a graphics card installed for this machine or does anyone know the phone number to the Patriot company(I don't have the manuals here in the UK)

Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…