which is a better laptop?

staceyleigh87 20:30 06 Jan 08

hi i wonder if you could help please....
im not very good with computers and all...but i went to currys yesterday to buy a laptop and ended up purchasing an hp pavilion dv9605 online because they had sold out in store...however i couldn't help but look at comet's website tonight and found a hp pavilion dv6615

now im confused because the dv6615 has a smaller screen but it has the same ram and a better hard drive, however i dont think it has a built in webcam like the dv9605, although the pic shows it does..so im very confused as im not sure if i bought the best 1.

I basically want to know which one is a better laptop if any1 knows...

cheers ;)

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:36 06 Jan 08

Yours has a bigger screen but a smaller HD...you will not fill it so, in my books, you have the better one. 15.4 screens are so passé and twentieth century.

G

staceyleigh87 20:43 06 Jan 08

thanks i thought that...wud anyone happen to know if the dv6615 has a built in webcam tho?

Legolas 20:55 06 Jan 08

click here if this is the one you mean then I don't think it has a web cam

staceyleigh87 21:02 06 Jan 08

yeah dats the one i mean...it seems a better offer considering the hard drive compared to the dv9605 because im not that bothered about the size of the screen but if the dv9605 is a better laptop overall then i'll stick with that 1 i fink..

it seems silly tho that the better laptop has the less hard drive...it appears you are losing the amount of hard drive on the dv9605 in compensation for the size of the screen...if dat makes sense ;)

Earthsea 21:24 06 Jan 08

I bought my laptop 2½ years ago and it has a 100GB hard drive which still has plenty of space left. If/when it's full I can buy an external drive quite cheaply. Unfortunately, it only has a 15.4" screen which is becoming increasingly passé...

You bought the better laptop.

Migwell 00:57 07 Jan 08

15.4" is big enough to carry around. Or have I got it wrong again, is a laptop not meant to be portable? Who wants to have to use a barrow to carry a laptop around with a gigantic screen?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…