Which is the best XP instruction manual to buy?

danxr 12:12 07 Apr 05

I have recently installed Windows XP and would like know how to use more of the practical and helpful features it contains. Which is the best illustrated and easiest to understand instruction manual available?

Yoda Knight 12:24 07 Apr 05

PC Advisor magazine of course !

(FE - we can speak later about my rewards... ;) )

ACOLYTE 12:29 07 Apr 05

The XP Help and support is a good starting point
it has some usefull tuturials,and can answer some of your questions.

Stuartli 12:34 07 Apr 05

Your first port of call should be XP's own extensive and very comprehensive Help and Support pages (there's also an online link)...:-)

You could also buy or borrow from your local library a publication such as How To Do Everything With Windows XP (Second Edition) by Curt Simmons, published by Osborne and priced at £16.99.

Microsoft also publishes guides and I'm sure that there will be one for XP.

Yoda Knight 12:35 07 Apr 05

or just post your queries here

Charence 12:53 07 Apr 05

I don't have any particular ones to recommend, but I'd say go for a thin one; at least you'll read it and understand it. PC Advisor Mag/Forum are also very good. If its a simple query, just try searching for it on this site!

knobler 13:09 07 Apr 05

The Dummies range helped me initally but does tend to somewhat very basic in some areas. It all depends at what level you feel you're at.

Best place if stuck, I've found is here! - however basic, I've always found everybody very understanding.

Totally-braindead 13:12 07 Apr 05

In my opinion the best guides are the Dummies guides, though for people with a large knowledge of XP they may be too basic, suggest you go to you local library and have a look at them and see what you think. I had the Dummies guide to Windows XP out of my library and it was good. If you want to buy it click here

Totally-braindead 13:14 07 Apr 05

Sorry duplicate of knobler, I'm a slow typist!

Andybear 19:41 07 Apr 05

I have 'Windows XP in Easy Steps' which is very straightforward and easy to understand.

click here

mole44 20:15 07 Apr 05

try the F1 key that giges you access to the manual on the program your using as well as XP,also try microsofts web site i`ve a feeling they do tutorials.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…