Which is the best Wireless Keyboards and Mouse

Richard 16:35 02 Feb 05

I have a Maplin Keyworks Office Wireless keyboard and mouse. They have worked reasonable well for a couple of years but now have started jumping when typing. It jumps to wherever the mouse pointer is or it goes to the highlighting setup on the mouse. If I change the batteries it is OK for a short while. Basically it is now getting me annoyed and I would like to replace them.
It would seem Logitech or Microsoft is the choice. Does anyone have any views?

(Win XP home SP2 Home made PC)

PsiFox 16:41 02 Feb 05

Logitech for me

PsiFox

wallbash 16:56 02 Feb 05

Yes, Logitech for me . have had a MX 700 for 18 months now , wonderful.

Yes bit expensive, about £40 for the mouse, but with docking station a dream to use.

GibsonSt19 17:53 02 Feb 05

Well, I've heard some great reviews about the Benq Wireless Desktop available from Amazon.co.uk at £9.99!

click here

Stuartli 18:03 02 Feb 05

Many of the keyboards and mouse packs or individual units units, whether corded, wireless or optical, are manufactured by a Far East company known as A4Tech and rebranded under firms' own names; they include Trust and Typhoon. Ironically some of the rebranded offerings are dearer than the A4Tech versions.

A4Tech's products are of high quality and you can find out if your own examples came from its factories by comparing them with those detailed on its website:

click here

But beware of the sound effects from its home page announcement of its latest battery free wireless optical mouse...:-)

Richard 18:35 02 Feb 05

Thank you all. It looks like no takers for Microsoft but Logitech leads.

GibsonSt19 18:52 02 Feb 05

I personally have a MS Wireless Desktop, which I paid £18. I absolutely love it, and didn't need to change the batteries for over 12 months.

polo 22:04 28 Sep 05

Take a look at my recent thread click here

Stuartli 22:14 28 Sep 05

It's nearly eight months since this thread was posted...:-)

Stuartli 22:16 28 Sep 05

...this link?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…