Which is the best Spyware remover software?

kismetkaz 16:59 13 Dec 05

I have Panda Platinum Security 2005, newly upgraded and when I installed it, it found 56 different spyware files. It says that they are all disinfected but they show up every time it does a full scan. Which is the best Spyware removal programme? I am a bit worried that it got into my computer through the Panda! I have surfed the net but a lot of programmes are fakes which actually install the spyware not remove it!! Can anybody advise which programme I can trust and which is best for removal and detection

ventanas 17:06 13 Dec 05

This is about the best click here

iambeavis 17:09 13 Dec 05

I agree with ventanas, they don't come much better than ewido.

stalion 17:20 13 Dec 05

also install spywareblaster it stops spyware from getting on your pc in the first place
click here

rawprawn 17:43 13 Dec 05

Hi John, is the pay for version much different to the Free download? or for that matter the online scan?

Totally-braindead 18:49 13 Dec 05

Try adaware and/or counterspy.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:56 13 Dec 05

"they show up every time it does a full scan."

They will be hiding in the system restore files, switch off system restore do the scan and clean. switch restore back on.

next time you scan they should not reappear.

ventanas 21:02 13 Dec 05

Sorry for the delay Dennis. The free version is only available to scan your system for suspects and remove any found. The paid for version runs in the background preventing infection. Don't know about the online scan as never tried it. Updates seem to be daily and it seems to do just what it says on the tin. I can really recommend it.

mullins187 21:11 13 Dec 05

you need a few different scanners for spyware
the different spyware removes find different things
i have windows xp i use windows anti spyware beta
hijackthis ccleaner and spysweeper

Mr Mistoffelees 21:25 13 Dec 05

"Another magazine" ran a group test of anti-spyware tools within the last few months. The main finding of the test was that, although some are better than others, all of them fell well short of the performance we take for granted from better anti-virus tools. All are in need of further development and none found all the infections used for testing. The recommendation was to use 2 or 3 different tools and run then regularily. I use MS Antispyware, Adaware and Spybot.

mullins187 21:36 13 Dec 05

i work for microsoft pc safety there is no 1 best tool you need a few to have your system clean and watch what active x controls you install from web pages and othere things you download and install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…