Which is best P.C. for handling detailed drawings

ARTY DAN 16:58 17 Apr 03

I am an artist producing highly detailed drawings
I eventually want to be able to scan these drawings and produce prints these prints have to be of high quality if I am going to sell them speaking to various computer manufacturers they all stress the importance of having a good graphics card there are so many cards on the market it's difficult to choose the right one also it would be useful to have images on the hard drive.
Reading pc advisors top 10 buys in February and spring issues in the budget range 512mb was the standard and in the power pc range it was 120gb and 160gb.Most of my drawings are A3 I will probably continue to work on A3.
I also want to design a website on which my prints can be sold.
Another consideration is the monitor I have been looking at the CTX PR960F is this the best monitor for the job also what processor would best serve my needs taking in to account I will be working mainly with drawings.
Speaking to a publisher he told me he uses an Epson 2100 printer for his prints his paintings are scanned at 300dpi he says the prints are very good.
Is there an A3 scanner that will suit my needs.
So now the question is how much do I need to spend to get good results is there a computer in the PC advisor top 10 power range or budget range that will suit my needs.

froggg 17:29 17 Apr 03

you dont need a computer you want a xerox machine!
If you want to actually produce these drawings on a computer,I would suggest a high range pentium,1024mb memory(ddr333 for speed),a monitor with the smallest dot pitch and biggest,flattest screen you can afford,aperture grill.high end graphics card-ti-4200 would be good enough,youre only working in 2d.at least 100gig hard drive-you can always add another.should have a lotof change from a grand!

Joe McG 17:49 17 Apr 03

ARTY DAN,

Add extra 512mb ddr, and large screen monitor, and your'e off and running. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…