which is best large file sending service?

laptopdunce 21:39 PM 05 Feb 13

I have been using "yousendit" for sending small vid files but I want to receive vids (like youtube etc.,) of over 50mb, yousend it is only up to 50mb FREE file sending, but I am looking for a programme where you can receive/send larger (200mb) files, what is the best on to use? is there one that will allow FREE file sharing of over 50mb file size? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

SillBill 21:59 PM 05 Feb 13

www.sendthisfile.com will send ANY size of file on its FREE service but they take forever to upload because of the throttling used on the free service.

SillBill 22:02 PM 05 Feb 13

200mb size will probably take at least 2 maybe 3 hours to upload, best doing it overnight.

laptopdunce 22:48 PM 05 Feb 13

OK thanks for that, does it work like the yousend it? insofar as the recipient (me) gets a link in an email and then I click on that and it starts the download? (which I can save to HD or USB stick?) thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

SillBill 22:54 PM 05 Feb 13

Sendthis file sends a link to the recipient who can do with the download what he wants. I think Free users are limited to 3 downloads per file, If you (the uploader) puts your own email address as the initial recipient , then you can send the link to 3 others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November