which is best large file sending service?

laptopdunce 05 Feb 13

I have been using "yousendit" for sending small vid files but I want to receive vids (like youtube etc.,) of over 50mb, yousend it is only up to 50mb FREE file sending, but I am looking for a programme where you can receive/send larger (200mb) files, what is the best on to use? is there one that will allow FREE file sharing of over 50mb file size? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

SillBill 05 Feb 13

www.sendthisfile.com will send ANY size of file on its FREE service but they take forever to upload because of the throttling used on the free service.

SillBill 05 Feb 13

200mb size will probably take at least 2 maybe 3 hours to upload, best doing it overnight.

laptopdunce 05 Feb 13

OK thanks for that, does it work like the yousend it? insofar as the recipient (me) gets a link in an email and then I click on that and it starts the download? (which I can save to HD or USB stick?) thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

SillBill 05 Feb 13

Sendthis file sends a link to the recipient who can do with the download what he wants. I think Free users are limited to 3 downloads per file, If you (the uploader) puts your own email address as the initial recipient , then you can send the link to 3 others.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message