which is the best laptop with long battery life

johnathann 14:18 PM 13 Oct 11

Does Acer Laptops are good in terms of Battery Life?

onthelimit1 16:34 PM 13 Oct 11

This from a Which? report for an asspire 5336

Battery Life

Sadly, battery life is poor. In our tests, the 4400mAh cells only managed two and a half hours of video playback from the hard drive or web browsing before they needed recharging.

...and for a 5553

Battery life

It's not such a great laptop for use on the move, for the simple reason that battery life is awful. Expect just two and a half hours of video playback and only just over two hours of web browsing using wi-fi.

sunnystaines 09:13 AM 15 Oct 11

we average 5 hours surfing and email on a samsung netbook

johnathann 09:40 AM 15 Oct 11

Thanks for your all your suggestions. Which Laptop is good in terms of Battery Life?

chub_tor 18:56 PM 15 Oct 11

The biggest battery hog in a laptop is the screen, those with smaller screens will generally have a longer battery life which is why many go for netbooks. Having decided the screen size that suits you then go for the biggest capacity battery you can get for that machine. Most laptop suppliers offer a choice or the option of a higher capacity battery.

johnathann 11:59 AM 18 Nov 11

Netbooks are restricted for certain usages. So I am badly in need of a Laptop with a descent screen size. So which laptop can I buy which stands good in terms of battery.

chub_tor 20:59 PM 19 Nov 11

This article is from June 2010 but will still give you a guide

johnathann 11:34 AM 22 Nov 11

I think I will go for HP pavilion dv4

chub_tor 00:07 AM 24 Nov 11

This is the only current dv4 I could find on the HP UK website. You might want to also consider the more recent 6 series Click Here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…