Which Is The Best Internet Accelerator?

Ken Ju-On 13:19 19 Aug 03

Which is the best Internet connection accelerator? I don't mean a download accelerator, I mean an Internet acclerator that optimizes your connection settings for optimal efficiency. Something like Dr. Speed.

Can anyone recommend a good Internet accelerator?

Mango Grummit 13:24 19 Aug 03

Are you on dial-up? When I was I tried many (free versions) and none of them made any difference at all. I believe that some of the paid for ones do work however. You will find many if you try Google.

The Sack 13:50 19 Aug 03

None.

User-312386 13:51 19 Aug 03

dont use them

when i was on dial up i used netsonic pro

it was more of a hinderence

Jester2K II 13:53 19 Aug 03

What works for one will not work for another.

You can try as many of these tools as you like until you find one that "works" but there is no "best".

-pops- 14:19 19 Aug 03

Broadband

Jester2K II 14:20 19 Aug 03

roflmao

;-)

Ken Ju-On 14:35 19 Aug 03

Yup, the best download accelerator is a faster connection. I'm ashamed to say this, but I'm on a 600k connection, reluctant to pay for a faster connection, and thinking of ways that could increase my download speed. Perhaps someone here would actually be satisfied with a connection accelerator, I thought. But I also thought I'd get responses like this!

Jester2K II 14:38 19 Aug 03

Try Cybertweak click here

To be honest you did ask for the "best" and there is no such thing.

Peverelli 14:56 19 Aug 03

When I was on dial-up I used DAP which did increase download speeds. Got rid of it when I moved over to broadband because BB is plenty fast enough!

Belatucadrus 16:40 19 Aug 03

Naviscope click here is the only one I've tried that actually seems to achieve anything. But you have to configure the blocking and pre fetch options to obtain the best results from it. Has a lot of other useful features so well worth a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…