Which is the best Firewall - should I change?

Limpoet 21:59 04 Apr 05

I have a desktop and a notebook and I currently use Zone Alarm (free version not Pro) and have done for a couple of years. I think it is fab and would recommend. I combine this with Spybot and Adaware and now MS AntiSpyware (Beta) together with Norton Antivirus Pro 2003 (excellent) on the desktop and Sophos (OK but nothing special) on the notebook.

I am think of changing my Firewall to either Norton or McAfee Personall Firewall. No reason to dump Zone Alarm as I think it is a great product (especially as it is free) but I wonder whether I have the best option as so many people seem to use one of the others.

Any thoughts out there?

stalion 22:01 04 Apr 05

many members are useing Zone Alarm if it has worked well for you this long why change it

VoG II 22:04 04 Apr 05

If you want to see a map of where the "attacks" supposedly came from (with loud beeps etc) then McAfee firewall plus.

Otherwise, keep ZA and spend your money on cakes.

dogbreath1 22:05 04 Apr 05

Zone Alarm works fine for me. For a list of alternatives:-click here
And to test your fire wall:-click here

Limpoet 22:05 04 Apr 05

stalion

Just what I am thinking - why fix what ain't broken. In the past I have changed software/firmware/hardware just to upgrade which caused more problems than it solved in some cases.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…