Which is the best email service

Gerrycan 15:32 15 Jan 03
  Gerrycan 15:32 15 Jan 03

some pointers please,can you recommend a good email service other than outlook express or is this the best

mark3110 15:52 15 Jan 03

What more do you want it to do apart from send email and access newsgroups?

Mark

powerless 16:17 15 Jan 03
  Gerrycan 16:58 15 Jan 03

Thank you ,quite a selection,have you used any of them?i like the way incredimail looks,any suggestions?

powerless 17:04 15 Jan 03

Incredimail...

Its a good alternative easy to use, but i decided to stick with OE, i decided to go back to basics and stayed with OE ever since.

Gerrycan 17:13 15 Jan 03

Were you not concerned about the amount of virus's that are reported by symantec that can pass on through outlook express?

powerless 17:17 15 Jan 03

As long as it patched and updated - No i am not.

I've got a chicken cooking in the oven that concerns me more.

I have Norton Antivirus 2003 all updated, auto protect enabled so i feel all nice and safe.

KrySTaL-KoDE 17:25 15 Jan 03

Gerrycan, Outlook Express is just another email client. I think it's one of the best email clients around. If you're looking for a better service, you can choose between POP3 services (like the ones your ISP provides) and a webmail service like Yahoo! and Hotmail.

Norton AntiVirus can be configured to scan outgoing emails for viruses as well. I think Symantec are being paranoid because this configuration doesn't work really well. All email clients can pass on viruses if they're not configured properly.

If you insist on not using OE, then you can try a webmail service. OE can be easily configured to access your Hotmail account (I really can't stop talking about OE, can I?) but people prefer Yahoo! Mail, as it gives its free users a 4 MB mail quota - twice as much as other providers including Microsoft's Hotmail. And it's kind of more attractive as well. I think that's the best webmail service around.

Gerrycan 17:27 15 Jan 03

hope you cook your chicken thoroughly you don't want that other virus salmonella,"LOL"
I hope you enjoy your meal.
cheers gerry.

Gerrycan 17:31 15 Jan 03

thanks,sound advice,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5