which is the best downloading programe?

BB[big brother] 16:50 20 Dec 05

i have used many softwares for download.i wonder which one is the best .like DAP , download manager?

Press Man 16:54 20 Dec 05

Try Freshdownload I use it and find it very good click here they also have other useful apps as well.

BB[big brother] 17:02 20 Dec 05

press man
thanks for reply ,tell u what i have just downloaded fresh download ,and i hope it is very good

Press Man 17:05 20 Dec 05

No problem, have fun.

joethebow 17:46 20 Dec 05

I use Net Vampire 3.3 but it will not download passworded files. For those I use Getright.

Pamy 20:30 20 Dec 05

Hi BB,and others I do not use any download program. I just click on 'download' and usualy a box pops up and asks do you want to RUN or SAVE, I click on the one I want(save) and another box opens and asks where to save it to. Having clicked on that it is downloaded to my computer.

So what does a download program do any diferently to this? Just curious why any one would want one.

Stuartli 20:32 20 Dec 05

I also use FreshDownload and have done so for a number of years - it works equally well with dialup or broadband and there are no ads or anything else that's not wanted.

If, on occasion, Firefox's own Download Manager takes over, it's equally as efficient...:-)

Stuartli 20:35 20 Dec 05

Because a utility like FreshDownload can Resume downloads that are cut short for whatever reason, providing the download website supports the feature, which saves having to start afresh.

Particularly valuable if you are on dialup...:-)

Stuartli 20:38 20 Dec 05

I have a FreshDownload folder in Program Files (with a Desktop shortcut) and all downloads go to this folder (you make it the target in FreshDownload).

As a result I have a backup if I also decide to immediately Run whatever has been downloaded, whilst it's also easy to add a downloaded file or files to a multisession CD-R backup disk. This can be used, if necessary, to transfer data to other systems.

GaT7 20:38 20 Dec 05

If you have problems with FreshDownload (like I had) try the free version of Star Downloader click here - never failed me once. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now