Which is best Cleanup or ccleaner?

Eargasm 22:32 01 Feb 05

Hi all
I have been using Steven Gould clean-up utility for a while now, but have seen many posts on here recommending ccleaner.

I just wondered do they both do the same job or is one better than the other?

Thanks

jakimo 22:41 01 Feb 05

This is very powerful

click here

VoG II 22:43 01 Feb 05

I think that this is a question of personal preference.

I prefer CleanUp! CCleaner seems a bit vicious to me. However for a thorough "bottoming" CCleaner is probably better.

gudgulf 22:49 01 Feb 05

Oddly enough I think that Cleanup is the vicious one.....at least it always manages to find things to remove that Ccleaner has left behind.I think it's a bit like Adaware Vs Spybot S&D....best bet is to have both but should you only want one, then my prefence is Ccleaner if only because it is frequently updated and includes a more than half decent registry cleaner.

Buchan 35 22:51 01 Feb 05

Having listened to my peers, I`ve installed AVG7, Spybot S & D, AdAware, Spyware Blaster, and one I don`t use too much, Reg Scrub.

The only thing to say about all that defence is that my ancient PC is clean. Fingers crossed.

Buchan 35 22:55 01 Feb 05

cCleaner doesn`t seem to have many updates. I`ve got the latest but rarely use it.

Eargasm 22:59 01 Feb 05

Ok thanks for your opinions guy's, i will stick with cleanup as its never caused any problems.
(famous last words)

bertiecharlie 23:28 01 Feb 05

Disk Cleaner(Free)from click here never seems to get much of a mention. Its a good cleaner which opens quickly and tells you immediately how much clutter you have on your pc without scanning first.You can add plugins if you want.

Also, Advanced Disk Cleaner (Free) from click here is good for cleaning the temporary files (non internet) which CCleaner and Disk Cleaner don't bother with. Very quick scan.

CCleaner is probably the best of the lot but it still doesn't clean the Opera Cache on my pc so I've added it as a custom folder.

There is so much choice, you could spend your life downloading good freeware cleaning programmes

gudgulf 23:34 01 Feb 05

Version 115 released beginning Nov04 now up to version 117...thats 3 in a couple of months.Not every week I grant you but still being improved fairly frequently,lol.

Dan the Confused 00:02 02 Feb 05

CleanUp gets my vote for it's rather amusing 'toilet flushing' sound effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…