Which is the best antivirus & firewall software?

triflesterms 11:44 30 Jul 06

Hi

Having had a few problems with virus's lately i thought its maybe time to buy some decent software, i was thinking of maybe mcafee internet suite 2006, but im not to sure how good it is or if there is anything better to use?

Hope someone can help?

Thanx

SANTOS7 11:46 30 Jul 06

click here
not a bad choice then...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 30 Jul 06

That is the question.

Best free Antivirus is Avast click here or AVG click here

Best paid for Antivirus is Nod32

rawprawn 12:05 30 Jul 06

I bought F-Secure Security Suite 2006 about 6 months ago, I have had no problems at all, it updates automatically every hour and if you bank online at Barclays you can get a 33% discount.I can thoroughly recommend it.
click here

Jak_1 12:07 30 Jul 06

Worth looking at this:

click here

Belatucadrus 12:25 30 Jul 06
  dms05 12:26 30 Jul 06

Or look at Comodo's very attractive free offerings with email support click here

uesquebeathus 13:05 30 Jul 06

I use Avast and Spybot S&D and cheekily use Asquared and Ewido free trials as the main cleaners.
Asquared from click here
is free to downlad a trial test, download then update then run in safe mode for a complete clean up of trojans, worms, virus and spyware.
Ewido from click here
is the same download the trial then update then run in safe mode.
they can both be run in normal windows environment but if you want a really good wipeout do the occasional safe mode for optimum clearout.
there is also AVG anti virus which also does a free installation.

pat-212841 13:15 30 Jul 06

rawprawn i got a letter from barclays for F- Secure and its free for 24 months.

rawprawn 13:19 30 Jul 06

Thats good, they must have started doing that. I wonder If I can get it which would save me paying the renewal fee? How did you come to get the letter

rawprawn 13:27 30 Jul 06

I just logged into Barclays, and you have to wait for the letter to arrive, you must be among the first. The free offer is for the AV only but you can upgrade for £10. Brilliant, thanks for your info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017